Look of the Week: Locally Designed Men's T-Shirts
From local artist Tucker Nichols' quirky collection at Park Life to the vibrant animal print t-shirts designed by Artillery AG owner, Ivan Lopez, we scoured through endless (virtual) piles of t-shirts and found seven stand-out designs from local artists. Guys (We're talking to you, Zuck.), if you're going to wear a t-shirt, wear one of these.
We're giving UK-based artist, Ben Eine, honorary SF status -- he's certainly earned it. We're guesing you've seen his "Great Adventure" mural in Hayes Valley, or maybe the "We Rock Hardest" stamp he left in the TL. Eine's work is scattered throughout our city streets, making them brighter and faster. Make his text art part of your wardrobe with his "It's a little scary" shirt (#2), availble at Upper Playground SF.
Perhaps our least known designer is, Julian Meyer. Stop by his booth at the Justin Herman Plaza art market or pop over to his Etsy, Cryptid, to pick up one of his badass kraken print tees (#7).
1. Tucker Nichols SF Map Tee, $28
2. Eine Scary T-Shirt, $15
7. Cryptid Kraken Squid Print Tee, $20
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing fro 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Link Love: Lots O' Hair at Chanel, Terry Richardson in Vinyl, and a $4,814 T-Shirt
- BBC’s ‘Red Riding’ Trilogy Delves into the Darkness of Real-Life Nightmares
- A Store for Dudes that Hate to Shop (Hint: There’s Shuffleboard)
- GAMA-GO Takes the American Idol Stage
- Soft Core: T Alexander Wang Lands at Carrots