Look of the Week: Masters of Venice Masquerade
This Saturday evening, ArtPoint will present Masters of Venice: A Masked Ball at the de Young. The festive affair -- elegant black tie dress code with mysterious Venetian masks strongly encouraged -- will celebrate the close of the Masters of Venice: Paintings of passion and Power from the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna.
Chances are, you've already chosen a stunning dress and envy-ensuing heels, but have you settled on an evening clutch and mask to match?
We wanted to highlight a few of our current favorite clutches, but what we were really excited for was mask hunting -- online, we fell in love with the ornate selection at Mask Italia, but if you're looking (last-minute) locally, try perusing the collections at the A.C.T. Costume Rental Shop, Fantasy Clothing Co., and Costumes on Haight. Whether you choose a feathery couple's mask (#5) or are more of a coy kitten (#2), on Saturday night it's masks up and ball on!
1. Navoh Crystal Clutch, $88
4. Bottega Veneta Mini Knot Clutch, $1780
5. Twilight Couple Mask, $40
7. Michela Collection Facade Stick Mask, $118
ArtPoint Presents Masters of Venice: A Masked Ball at the de Young (50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Dr.), Saturday February 11, 8pm-12am, $95-$250.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- You're Invited: Masters of Venice: A Masked Ball at the de Young Museum
- Photos: Artpoint's Masked Ball for the Masters of Venice at the de Young Museum
- This Week's Hottest Events: "Masters of Venice" Masked Ball, SF Symphony Chinese New Year Concert, and SF Beer Week
- Look of the Week: Seeing Stripes
- Look of the Week: Hot Spring Wallets