Macy's Glamorama: Bruno Mars, Far East Movement, Tracy Reese + A Killer Fashion Show this Friday
Every September we look forward to Macy's Glamorama, an annual, rockstar-meets-runway benefit show with huge headlining acts. Each summer, Glamorama tours four major cities -- Minneapolis, Chicago, and Los Angeles, with a finale in Macy's home-base, San Francisco.
Surprisingly enough, a few tickets are still available for this Friday's event at the Orpheum Theater, with the mad musical skills of Bruno Mars and Far East Movement, and the high-fashion prowess of Tracy Reese. Tickets also get you access to an exclusive after-party with the performers, at the Asian Art Museum.
While the concert line-up is pretty stellar, don't overlook the fashion. The 2011 runway show, themed Artrageous, will be a high caliber production featuring the latest from Tracy Reese, Armani Jeans, bar III, Calvin Klein, Karl Lagerfeld for Impulse, Papi, Tommy Hilfiger and more! Tip: Use your keen eye to scope out celeb male models, Evander Holyfield Jr. and ex-Survivor contestant, JP Calderon.
While the spectacle lasts for just one hour, the evening will continue with a lavish, open bar after-party with the stars, at The Asian Art Museum.
ARTlandish After-Party at The Asian Art Museum (200 Larkin St.), Friday September 30, 9pm, Free with ticket to Glamorama.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- Macy's Passport with Bruno Mars and Far East Movement @ The Orpheum Theater
- Photos: Movin' 99.7 The Triple Ho w/ Enrique Iglesias, Nelly, Jay Sean, Taio Cruz, Far East Movement, Miranda Cosgrove @ San Jose State Event Center
- Photos: Wild94.9 presents Wild Jam with Drake, Chris Brown, Bruno Mars and Far East Movemnt @ HP Pavillion
- Photos: Bruno Mars, Janelle Monáe, Mayer Hawthorne & the County @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Photos: Robyn, Kelis, Dan Black and Far East Movement @ Mezzanine