Open House Alert: Eichler's See-Through Modernism in Marin County
Originally published on CaliforniaHomeDesign.com
Where: 26 Oak Mountain Court, Lucas Valley
When: Sunday, July 28 from 1 to 4 pm
What: An immaculate Eichler– the Holy Grail for some Mid-Century design fans– is on the market in Lucas Valley in Marin County, asking $1.6M. The buffed–up and well-cared-for 4-bed, 3-bath house has had serious system upgrades along with polished concrete floors and new bamboo flooring. Below, in the living room, a signature cement block fireplace between floor-to-ceiling glass, and the adjacent atrium, another unique Eichler detail, which you can see above.
Joseph Eichler was the developer/builder who brought modern design to tract homes, hiring notable architects like Jones & Emmons– this home was designed by San Francisco architect Claude Oakland.
Click here to see inside this awesome Marin home!
- Open House Alert: Waking Up a Classic Kensington Mid-Century Modern
- Open House Alert: In Cow Hollow, Green Couch Design Re-Invents a Family House $5.495M
- Open House Alert: Splendid Shingled Arts & Crafts House with Killer Views, $4.95M
- Open House Alert: A Mid-Century Berkeley Classic with Killer Views
- Open House Alert! See a Mid-Century Gem by R. G. Watanabe This Sunday