Open House Alert: In Sausalito, a Pair of View Houses Worth Seeing This Sunday
Originally published on CaliforniaHomeDesign.com
Sausalito, just over the Golden Gate Bridge, was a sleepy fishing town until the mid-'30s, when the bridge connected it to San Francisco. It's still lovely, protected from fog by a coastal ridge, and here are two houses open on Sunday.
224 Bulkley Avenue, Sausalito, $1.495M
Ever wonder what's behind those garages lining the winding streets above Sausalito? This classic 4-bed, 2-bath shingled Marin cottage is a perfect example. Probably built before WWII, the listing says it was last remodeled in 1933– meaning the blond wood kitchen was probably up-to-the minute back then. It still looks good. The views over the town and harbor are spectacular, while the house is sheltered among the trees, and it's a quick walk down to the village itself.
Click here for a ton more photos of this adorable seaside abode!
- Open House Alert: Splendid Shingled Arts & Crafts House with Killer Views, $4.95M
- Open House Alert: A Mid-Century Berkeley Classic with Killer Views
- Open House Alert: Eichler's See-Through Modernism in Marin County
- Open House Alert! See a Mid-Century Gem by R. G. Watanabe This Sunday
- Open House Alert: In Cow Hollow, Green Couch Design Re-Invents a Family House $5.495M