Public Barber Salon Brings a Beatnik Spirit to its North Beach Shop
Public Barber Salon’s newly opened North Beach locale is not your typical hair cutting shop. In fact, a visit to the salon makes you feel more like you’re dropping by for a poetry reading than coming in for a trim. This is esthetic that owner Steve Jester was going for when designing the space, which is built out with a 4,000 book library covering the walls.
“I wanted to give the idea that North Beach is one of the older neighborhoods in San Francisco,” Jester said. “It had all the old poets and writers and there’s so much history to the neighborhood, especially in the beatnik era, so I figured a library would do it justice.”
- The Quest for a Cheap Haircut
- ACRE/SF Brings Clothing + Coffee to North Beach
- Valencia Street's F.S.C. Barber and Freemans Sporting Club Corners Male Grooming
- What's the Deal: Gucci Hits DSW, Self Edge, Mani-Pedi Discounts and more...
- Street Style Report: Chic Black and White with Killer Accent Wedges, in North Beach