Real Estate Report: A Noe Valley Cottage with a Heart of Modern Glamour
Originally published on CaliforniaHomeDesign.com
1507 Noe Street, Noe Valley $3.599M
Once an enclave of middle-class shingled cottages, Noe Valley has become the neighborhood of choice for beneficiaries of San Francisco's tech boom. Historic preservation keeps the neighborhood's houses from being demolished– many 19th Century houses lose their cramped floor plans, get lifted and expanded to meet 21st Century needs– while building codes and the Planning Department keep their new dimensions in check.
The owners of this new 4-bed, 3.5-bath house did get permission to demolish, and replaced the older house with one that respects the other low-rise, traditional houses on the block– and then expands to four floors in the back.
Click here to see more of this gorgeous Noe Valley home!
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Real Estate Report: Vintage Cottage in Bernal Heights, $749K
- Open House Alert! A New Construction in Noe Valley With a Vintage Cottage
- Real Estate Report: Family-Sized Condo For Grown-up Hipsters in Bernal Heights, $895K
- Real Estate Report: In Noe Valley, A Powder Room to Reckon With