Real Estate Report: Untouched for Decades, Nob Hill Penthouse Sells for $7M
Originally published on California Home + Design
The Park Lane, one of San Francisco's grand 1920s apartment houses is noted for its solid construction and vast apartments– only three to a floor– and prime location on Huntington Park, diagonally across from the Fairmont Hotel and looking down at the brownstone Pacific Union clubroom.
Currently being converted into a luxury TIC, units come on the market as they're being renovated, but this penthouse duplex was sold in "as-is" condition for $7M. The most recent rental tenants in the penthouse had lived here for fifty years, and the buyer saw an opportunity to create one of the grandest spaces in town.
Built specifically for the building's original owners, the four-bed, five-bath duplex penthouse spans over 4,400 square feet and boasts a terrace, library, and gallery looking over the two-story living room and foyer:
- Untouched for Decades, This Nob Hill Penthouse Sold for $7M
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Real Estate Report: Living On the Edge (Maybe) on Telegraph Hill, $11M
- Real Estate Report: Romantic and Old-School on Russian Hill, $1.795M
- Real Estate Report: Open Sky Views and Walls of Glass in this SOMA Penthouse, $1.199M