Seven Favorite Things: Artisan-Made Accessories + Home Decor from Lydali
When it comes to accessories and home decor, "fair trade" and "artisan made" can sometimes be a bit too traditional – beautiful pieces, but perhaps better suited for museums than your wardrobe.
Lydali, a new locally-based etailer, is looking to shake up that train of thought by selling artisan-made goods that look like they're from the next big indie designer.
Friends, Lydia Harter and Ali Price, are the master-mavens behind Lydali, what they call an "ethical retail start-up". Currently on their fair trade dossier: 14 artisans from around the world, each with a unique story, selling everything from earrings to blankets.
We love how Lydali connects their customers to the craftsmen and women they work with, but what really caught our eye was how cute-to-boot -- and affordable! -- these culturally-chic goods really are. Here are our current favorites:
1. Proud Mary Striped Clutch, $24
2. Moroccan Leather Pouf, $88
3. Choolips Coffee Striped Scarf, $48
4. Herman's Snakeskin Wrap Bracelet, $14
6. Nkuku Jumbo Jute Rug, $148
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Locally-Made Holiday Cards from Hello! Lucky
- Seven Favorite Things: Gifts from Bae Home & Design
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: Gear from PUBLIC Bikes
- Seven Favorite Things: Badass Adventure Gear from Triple Aught Design