Seven Favorite Things: Basil Racuk
Local designer Basil Racuk has us rethinking–and re-appreciating–modern minimalism.
After launching in the East Bay, the menswear-turned-leather goods designer recently relocated to the Mission (3458 18th St. at Valencia) and opened his first retail space.
Racuk's personal label is his way of stripping down and reclaiming integrity in his designs. From wallets to weekenders, each piece is created with purpose and precision, and is hand-crafted with the same thoughtfulness.
Online, they're labeled "men" and "women", but to us, the sleek, simple leather designs are perfectly unisex (especially in SF). Check out our favorites from the current collection.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Our Seven Favorite Things Basil Racuk's New Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Sarah Seven Spring 2014 Bridal Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: D-Structure's New Online Shop + Two Must-Attend Events
- Seven Favorite Things: Azalea Women's Collection