Seven Favorite Things: Candystore Collective
What started out in 2004 as a pop-up shop by Jennifer Jones, eventually turned into Candystore Collective, a heart-of-the-Mission womenswear outpost that vigorously supports independent design. The boutique recently launched a new website with easier browsing, and a fresh supply of contemporary womenswear and home accessories.
The collection includes a bright range of merchandise that is always selected based on inspiration and integrity of design. While browsing the current collection, we were more than inspired. It was hard to select just 7 items, but our favorites include a floral print dress from Brit brand Orion, and a striking, shark's tooth necklace from the SF-based jewelry line 1228 by Nico Lopez.
2. 1228 Large 14k Magalodon Shark Tooth, $218
3. Heartloom Rita Coat, $258
5. Orion Billie Dress, $148
6. Colina Strada Ferra Bag, $278
Candystore Collective (3153 16th St.), Open Monday, Wednesday-Saturday from 12pm - 7pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm, closed on Tuesdays.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- Seven Favorite Things: Sarah Seven Spring 2014 Bridal Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Azalea Women's Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Christopher Collins Fall 2012 Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Myrrhia's Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Timbuk2's New Distilled Collection + Q&A with Director of Product & Design