Seven Favorite Things: Converse All Star City Collection at ShoeBiz
We love Chucks, and we love San Francisco. It only makes sense that these two loves should collide and produce an amazing set of San Francisco x Chuck Taylor babies. Well – done and done.
Last week, ShoeBiz revealed their latest, highly-anticipated collaboration with Converse: The Chuck Taylor All Star City Collection. Exclusive to ShoeBiz, the collection includes five, limited edition Chuck Taylor sneakers, designed by SF-based artists, Alan Gonzales and Kris Mestizo. Our top pick is Gonzales' "MUNI" sneaker (#1), with transfer slips galore. There's also a Golden Gate Bridge sneaker, and, of course, one for all of you SF Giants fans.
Each sneaker is available in unisex sizing (3-13), and retails for $60. It gets even better. 100% of the profits will benefit Youth Against Poverty and Compass Family Services, two local charities that help homeless, drug-free, working families in San Francisco.
So that's the top five out of our seven this week. Rounding out our last two slots are made-to-order Cons, hand-painted by Stanley Mouse. They retail for a whopping $100k. Yow. But they sure are pretty.
6. Converse Stanley Mouse Hand Painted Converse, $99,999.99
7. Converse Stanley Mouse Hand Painted Converse, $99,999.99
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
More Style + Design Postings
- Seven Favorite Things: Super Comfy Women's Shoes from Bulo
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: Men's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: Welcome Stranger & Azalea Menswear
- Seven Favorite Things: Azalea Women's Collection