Seven Favorite Things: Design-Junkie Gifts from Karikter
For unique gift ideas (ahem: impressive pieces for the design snobs in your life), we turned to Karikter in Union Square.
The local boutique also has a full online offering, featuring ordinary, useful products -- with a carefully designed twist. For example, the item pictured above is...oh, just your everyday pepper mill. (Yeah, that's the coolest pepper mill we've ever seen, too.) Color us impressed.
1. Forge de Laguiole Horn Pepper Mill, $185
2. Royal VKB Serving Tray, $88
6. Vacuum Jug 0.5L, $65
7. Chairs Card Case, $38
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Gifts from Bae Home & Design
- Seven Favorite Things: Gifts for New & Expecting Moms from Lola
- Seven Favorite Things: Non-Lovey V-Day Gifts from GAMA-GO
- Seven Favorite Things: Rad Holiday Gifts from Local Etsy Shops
- Seven Favorite Things: His & Her Valentine's Day Gifts from Plastique