Seven Favorite Things: Self Edge Denim
Don't let the mustached models and tatted-up store associates fool you -- Self Edge is serious about their denim. Their buyers make a point of knowing the ins and outs of the most elite Japanese denim brands, and bring those top selvege cuts to their lofted Mission boutique so you, too, can geek out on denim.
The Valencia St. boutique has a nice range of men's apparel and accessories to counter their badass amount of denim. And yes, the denim wall cam be overwhelming, but don't fret -- the knowledgeable associates know more about jeans than any normal person (and they'll tell you nicely when the denim's too tight). They also offer chainstitch hemming services and denim repair for those favorite jeans that you just can't let go of.
Tonight, the crew is teaming up with their neighbor, Photobooth SF, for a giant tinytype photoshoot party. Put on your best raw denim and check it out.
Self Edge (714 Valencia St. at 18th): Monday-Saturday noon-7pm, Sunday noon-5pm.
1. Roy Slim Tapered Jeans, $345
3. Stevenson Floral Cotton Twill Shorts, $275
4. FH Canvas & Cowhide Low-Top Sneakers, $375
5. Flat Head Solid Tan Leather Chain, $120
7. Stevenson MA-1 Spring Tencel Jacket, $525
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Our Seven Favorite Summer Things from Self Edge Denim
- Seven Favorite Things: Sarah Seven Spring 2014 Bridal Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: D-Structure's New Online Shop + Two Must-Attend Events
- Seven Favorite Things: Azalea Women's Collection