Seven Favorite Things: Spring/Summer '13 Kicks from Freda Salvador
We like to think local designers, Megan Papay and Cristina Palomo, launched Freda Salvador specifically with the SF customer in mind. The luxe shoe line, which officially launched last fall, focuses only on flats and boots -- ideal for walking hills and riding bikes around SF.
The shoes are made in El Salvador (where Palomo is from), from high-end Brazilian leather and mixed animal prints. The fancy flats were quickly picked up by Shopbop and locally, by La Boutique. And it doesn't stop there.
After working out of a cozy cottage in Sausalito, the duo is moving across the GGB and relocating to swankier digs in SF. Their new retail-in-the-front, design-party-in-the-back space is set to open later this year on Union St. After seeing their Spring line, we can't wait to see the shop.
1. Freda Dream, $550
2. Freda Change, $365
3. Freda Mind, $335
4. Freda Force, $295
5. Freda See, $365
6. FW '12 Freda Ride, $367
7. FW '12 Freda Be, $210
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Seven Favorite Things: Women's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: Men's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- From Minneapolis to SF: a.anthony designs' Spring/Summer 2012 Lookbook
- Our Favorite Pieces from Myrrhia's Spring/Summer '13 Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Spring Menswear from Acrimony + ACRE/SF