Seven Favorite Things: Welcome Stranger & Azalea Menswear
What started out years ago as co-owners Catherine Chow and Corina Nurimba's baby, Azalea is now part one of a local fashion trifecta. Last year, Welcome Stranger and Rand + Statler rounded out the mix, offering a 100% menswear outpost and a higher-end niche, respectively. While the Hayes Valley brick and mortars are each their charming own (full of ripe, full-flavor brands, anchored by a wealth of denim), online, select goods from each boutique are available through Azalea's e-store.
Last May, Welcome Stranger, became the first of the three to launch a house brand that's produced right here in San Francisco. Among our favorites this week were three items from Welcome Stranger's in-house line (#2, #3, #6), and a pair of everyday Zig Zag chukkas (#1), going fast at $20 a pair.
2. Welcome Stranger Hiking Shorts, $105
3. Welcome Stranger Arrow Paisley Tie, $108
4. R&L Goods Billfold Wallet, $34
5. MollaSpace Deer Shoehorn, $42
7. Fjallraven Mini Kanken Rucksack, $55
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.
- This Week in Fashion: Chanel Lovers at Simply Chic, Public Bikes' 1 Year Party, Banana Republic and Trina Turk Fashion Show, Styling the Modern Man + More
- Seven Favorite Things: Men's Spring/Summer Footwear from Gimme Shoes
- Seven Favorite Things: Azalea Women's Collection
- Seven Favorite Things: Taylor Stitch
- Seven Favorite Things: Bastille Menswear