SF Street Style: A Fashion Shoot at Crissy Field
Last weekend, among the frenzy of tourists, athletes and fisherman, we found a fashion stylist, model and photographer at Crissy Field. Freelance photographer, Stephen Sun, was busy setting up the shoot, while ex-SF and now Sacramento-based hair and wardrobe stylist, Noelle Lynne, dressed JE Model, Keilina Jones in hot pink hot pants and a towering pair of Michael Antonio wedges.
What Noelle's wearing: Vintage teal sweater; Dark green t-shirt by Tart, from Nordstrom; Levi's skinny jeans from Nordstrom; Citizens of Humanity bracelet; Vintage ring; Green suede TOMS boots from Sugar Shack in Sacramento.
What Keilina's wearing (from Noelle's wardrobe): Forever 21 striped button-down shirt; H&M hot pink shorts; Brown Michael Antonio platform wedge booties, purchased from Amazon; Ring from Nordstrom; Earrings purchased at Saks Fifth Avenue, Gold H&M skinny belt (worn as arm bracelet).
7 Style Questions for Noelle:
1. How did you get into styling?
I have loved clothing and fashion since I was little, but got into wardrobe styling the first time I set out to build my portfolio for hair styling. I didn't want to hire a wardrobe stylist because I knew what I wanted, so I just did it myself! As far as wardrobe goes, I use stuff from my closet, but also get some tiny, model-sized pieces I can't fit into that are just for styling
2. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Probably over 60 heels and 15-20 flats, and a couple pairs of tennis shoes and casual moccasins. Jeremy's and Loehmann's are my go-to shops for shoes!
3. Where do you people watch in SF?
The Tenderloin -- it's the most exciting neighborhood for morning walks with my dog.
4. What's one easy style tip?
Don't be afraid ot try something on because you might just love it! Also, grab two sizes so you find the perfect fit!
5. What's one trend you're really looking forward to this Spring?
The colors! Don't be afraid to jump into some amazing color you've never worm before -- I just bought a pair of peachy jeans for myself!
6. What trend do you loathe and why?
Ed Hardy...don't think I have to add much more to that.
7. What's your ideal day in SF look like?
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.
More Style + Design Postings
- SF Street Style: Two Cold Weather Looks on Market St.
- SF Street Style: Sisters in Beachy-Hip and Boho-Chic Looks at the Ferry Building
- Link Love: Joy Bianchi's Couture, Changes on Maiden Lane and more...
- Sidewalk Chic: Polished Flair in SoMa
- Link Love: Marc’s Red Lips, Philip Treacy’s Footwear and Condé Nast Dating