SF Street Style: Ink Accessories, Peacock Hair + Man Sandals in the Castro
The Castro Diesel store always has a well-dressed crowd. When we stopped by last week, the store manager, BJ Bundalian, was sporting a simple warm weather look, loaded with fun details.
BJ's outfit is understated, yes, but the clothing fits perfectly and the overall look has a nice balance to it. I really like how his cross tattoo peeks out under the open front of his shirt, almost like a necklace. In fact, all of his tattoos have a strong yet delicate, accessory-like feel to them.
What he's wearing: Polo shirt and pants from Diesel; Donald J. Pliner brown leather sandals; mixed bracelets from friends and self-made from leather strings and strings from shopping bags; hair cut by private stylist Victor Macias; color by private stylist Richelle Wisco.
BJ's bright smile soften up his piercings and grown-out mohawk.
Although his mo-hawk is a bit grown out right now, the peacock-inspired color is still a head-turner.
With tonal paint work, front stitching, and the single back flap pocket, these Diesel pants have some solid details and fit BJ perfectly. It's also tough to find great man sandals and I like these.
7 Style Questions for BJ:
1. Which neighborhood in SF has the best dressed people?
Can't pick just one. SF has amazing style in each of our hoods, with focuses on functionality and individuality.
2. Who dresses better in SF, men or women?
Men hands down! I think that because of weather, wind and always being on the go -- some women can forget to complete their look with hair. Come on ladies, a loose ponytail can do wonders for your face! SF guys luckily can pull off dirty messy hair with anything.
3. What's your most prized possession?
Diesel K-Knotty poncho -- I get compliments from everyone on it, from people in the TL to in Oakland, young and mature, male and female.
4. What fashion find are you lusting over?
Vintage Gucci loafers.
5. What hair products or mens grooming products do you use and love?
Aveda for hair and for face. I just perform a regular regiment of as hot as you can handle to as cold as you can take it water, switching several times during a shower. And I always moisturize my face and neck with sunscreen. 32 years old and it's taking it's toll!
6. What's your go-to local shop?
So Dapper in Oakland.
7. Who are your celebrity style icons?
Chloe Sevigny and Ryan Gosling.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- Indie Theater Roundup: 7 Movies to See This Week
- Link Love: King of Pop Clothing Line, Dakota Fanning All Grown Up and the It Girl Quiz
- That '80s Movie: Topher Grace Rewinds the Clock for 'Take Me Home Tonight'
- This Week in Fashion: Simply Chic Launches Online Designer Consignment Shop
- SF Street Style: Vintage Lace Dress + Gold Kate Spade Sandals in Hayes Valley