SF Street Style: Japanese Minimalist Grunge in Lower Pacific Heights
I spotted Sean Wu, a Taiwanese art student, sitting out in Lower Pac Heights, relaxed, finishing a cigarette. He had a very cleaned-up Japanese grunge look, with fun details including his earring, watch, stitched boots and tattered jeans.
What he's wearing: Black knit jacket, gray ripped jeans, and black lace up boots from Diesel, glasses by Calvin Klein, square stud earring from eBay.
7 Style Questions for Sean:
1. What's the best thing about SF fashion?
Everything is so free here.
2. Where's your favorite place to shop?
Diesel, of course.
3. And your favorite online shop?
4. Who influences your style?
My girlfriend. She's a fashion merchandising student at Academy of Art, so she helps me.
5. Where are the best dressed people in SF?
Downtown, Union Square.
6. What's your favorite trend right now?
I try not to follow trends.
7. What trend do you hate?
Skinny jeans with basketball sneakers.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- SF Street Style: One Guy, Three Looks, Bernal Heights
- SF Street Style: High-Waisted Pants, Mixed Rings + Sharp Glasses in Pacific Heights
- SF Street Style: Ink Accessories, Peacock Hair + Man Sandals in the Castro
- SF Street Style: A Young Male Model Makes Grunge Work in Civic Center
- SF Street Style: European Family Style at Off The Grid