SF Street Style: LA Lady Mixes Hermes with All Saints, Ksubi + More, in SOMA
Thanya Abigail Ponggawa, an Indonesian lovely, currently studying in LA. Thanya was in SF this weekend, "with [her] family for a weekend getaway from the heat in LA." When I first spotted her I actually only saw the back of her outfit, but was then happy to discover her stunning architecural sunglasses and adorable necklace -- the whole outfit is such a fantastic mix.
What she's wearing: Oversized sunglasses by Ksubi; white asymmetrical All Saints t-shirt and whistle necklace; speckled grey slouchy, long cardigan by American Apparel; Hermes scarf and Kelly Bag; Kill City patchwork leggings; Acne peep-toe, lace-up wedges; Bvlgari watch, paired with Hermes and Madewell bracelets.
Okay, those sunglasses are seriously amazing.
As I've said before, I'm a huge fan of women rocking mens-style watches, and she's mixed in a nice array of bracelets, with a perfectly slouchy sleeve. Also, mad props for the whistle necklace.
I'm kind of digging these elongated sweater-coat cardigans -- they're great for SF weater.
7 Style Questions for Thanya:
1. What's your take on SF vs. LA fashion?
People in SF seem to be more expressive and unique. LA has a more laid back feel to it.
2. What are your favorite LA shops?
Opening Ceremony, a new Australian line called Zimmerman on Robertson Blvd, and Barneys NY.
3. Who are your favorite fashion designers?
Dries van Noten, the guys from Proenza Schouler, Phoebe Philo, Christopher Bailey, Rick Owens...I could go on forever!
4. What would you not be caught dead in?
Ed Hardy dragon and fire tattoo-looking graphics!
5. Which celebs do you look to for great style?
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Kate Lanphear
6. What's your favorite article of clothing or accessory?
A vintage tribal necklace that I got at a night market in Israel.
7. If you could buy anything right now, regardless of money, what would it be?
I would buy (or build) a villa in Raja Ampat, Indonesia -- the most beautiful place on Earth!
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- Sister Act: Elizabeth Olsen Blazes Her Own Trail to Screen Stardom in 'Martha Marcy'
- Sidewalk Chic: Polished Flair in SoMa
- SF Street Style: Hippie Festival Style in the Ferry Building
- Local Holiday Party Dresses from Kirribilla
- SF Street Style: Local Artist Charmaine Olivia, Dressed in Black, at The Shooting Gallery