SF Street Style: Provocative-Meets-Classy + Local Wears, in NoPa
Sun out and shorts on, we spotted David Choi, waiting for a haircut at Population salon on Divisadero. I really like how David's fedora and shawl collar cardigan elevate his otherwise basic t-shirt and shorts outfit. Those classy finishing touches also soften the provocativeness of his locally designed t-shirt by CALAB.
Great fit on this gray Goorin Bros. Franko Fedora.
While I don't find it offensive, I realize this CALAB tee isn't for everyone. Whether or not you approve though, you have to admit, it takes a certain level of confidence to rock a shirt like this. Props.
David, a boxer, had this keychain peeking out of his pocket -- a small detail that's really fun and speaks to his personality. And that's exactly what great personal style is all about.
Being Korean myself, I have to give David (also Korean) a shout-out for his Korean flag and tiger tattoo. I'm also a fan of the quilted leather kicks.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- SF Street Style: A Local Stylist Wears Parachute Pants, Vintage + YSL, in the Mission
- Look of the Week: Men's Cold Weather Accessories from Local Boutiques
- Local Father's Day Gifts Great for Every Dad, All Under $100
- This Week in Fashion: Men's Summer Sale Picks from Local Boutiques Around the City
- SF Street Style: A NY Jewelry Designer Wears Patricia Field, in the Mission