SF Street Style: Slouchy-Chic Menswear, in Union Square
We spotted Academy of Art University MFA student, Jason Tam, in chic, drapey layers, last week near Union Square. With a simple palette and slouchy fit, Jason makes urban-chic look both comfortable and effortless.
What he's wearing: Grey DKNY sweater purchased from 6pm; Charcoal low drape top by Comme Toi, purchased from Tobi; Khaki stain pants from the Gap; Plain black Banana Republic socks; Steve Madden brown lace ups, purchased from Zappos; Stud earring from Tiffany & Co.; Pochette document case by Louis Vuitton.
7 Style Questions for Jason:
1. What makes an outfit?
I think proportion and comfort are really important. If you don't feel right in it or it's not comfortable, then the outfit is not good.
2. What would you not be caught dead in?
Flannel...just not my style.
3. Where do you shop?
4. What products do you swear by?
5. Where do you go for inspiration?
Hayes Valley or Japantown have some of the coolest things I have seen in SF.
6. What's your single most prized possession?
My Rolex Milgauss. It's a special time piece and I wear it with almost everything.
7. What are you excited to wear this spring?
Because I'm a designer msyelf, I try not to be so attracted to trends. However, I like the jewel tones and colors that always seem to come back in the spring. Also, some black and white is always classic!
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.
- Street Style Report: Slouchy-Chic Menswear at Union Square
- Street Style Report: Mix-and-Match Menswear, in Union Square
- SF Street Style: Mixed Grays and Contrast Shoes in Union Square
- SF Street Style: Balenciaga, H&M and Custom Jewelry at Union Square
- SF Street Style: Best Friends with Distinctly Different Styles in Union Square