Small Space Living: Inside Stylist Benny Aguilar's 650-Square-Foot Nob Hill Studio
Design aficionado and collector Benny Aguilar sees a story in every piece of furniture that he brings into his home. Looking at his midcentury headboard—a masculine, grain-rich piece with cerused wood slats and the original owner’s shoe horn hanging from a hook on one side—Aguilar muses aloud, “I wonder what the workers were talking about when they were building this.” It’s as if, by bringing this item into his home, he has also invited the ghosts of all who have touched it, including the man who sat on the edge of the bed each morning and slid his feet into his stiff leather shoes. “I think it was one of the Proctors,” Aguilar guesses, mentioning that the bed may have come from the auctioned-off Proctor family estate. Read more...
- Forget Small! Brand New Spacious Apartments For Lease in Lower Nob Hill
- Dining Design Diary: Inside Nob Hill's Sexy Parallel 37
- Craigslist Deal of the Week: $1395 Nob Hill Studio
- Design Match in Heavens: A 850 Square Foot Potrero Hill Apartment
- Small Spaces: Great Apartment Design in 900 Square Feet or Less