Street Style Report: Tomboy Chic in Japantown
Last weekend, we spotted Swiss exchange student Anina Gantenbein, shopping in Japantown.
We love Anina's on-trend camo jacket and complex layers. At first, her look is straight up androgynous, but then you notice a cute collar, a lace-print cardigan and pink socks, adding cute, feminine touches to her overall look.
What she wore: Clothing from Buffalo Exchange, and various boutiques in Switzerland; Sandqvist Switzerland backpack; Vans shoes.
Anina currently resides in Portland, where she studies photography.
Seven questions for Anina:
1. What's been your favorite part of San Francisco?
Thrift shopping in the Mission.
2. Which San Francisco hood has the best food?
3. What's on your holiday wish list?
A Hasselblad camera.
4. What are you giving for this holiday?
I got a sewing book for my mom from Kinokuniya.
5. Where's one place everyone should visit in Switzerland?
Langstrasse in Zurich. It's a busy street with a lot of clubs and stuff.
6. Where's one place everyone should visit in Portland?
7. What's on your bucket list?
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Street Style Report: Chic Black and White with Killer Accent Wedges, in North Beach
- Street Style Report: Eclectic Prints and Chic Accessories in Pacific Heights
- Street Style Report: Androgynous-Chic Layers, Downtown
- Street Style Report: A Chic Weekend Brunch Look, at Nopa
- Street Style Report: A Local B-Boy Shows Us His 9-to-5 Style in Nopa