Street Style Report: Chic Black and White with Killer Accent Wedges, in North Beach
Local copywriter and proud momma Katie N. says she starts every day with "a hug, kiss and high-five–always in that order," from her three-year-old boy. She also said she makes sure to take a little time every morning for herself and likes to dress up, mixing vintage favorites with edgy, modern pieces.
We love how her budget-savvy look (see below) pairs chic black-and-white with a bold pant stripe and fun accent wedges.
What she wore: French Connection top, from Marshalls; Earrings, gift; Free People pants, purchased from Piperlime; Betsey Johnson red patent skinny belt, from Ross; Ecote wedges, from Urban Outfitters; Wrap watch and bracelet from Cost Plus World Market; Urban Decay Lush Lash mascara, from Sephora; Haircut from Supercuts.
Katie's Style Profile:
1. What do you never leave the house without?
Lip gloss, powder and spearmint gum help me feel pulled together after a long day.
2. What's on your ultimate wish list?
Every Dooney & Bourke bag made in the 1980s. The entire Marc by Marc Jacobs store on Fillmore would be just fine, too.
3. What did you wear while you were pregnant?
I couldn't justify spending a lot on maternity clothes, so I mostly worked with what I already had–belly belts were indispensable, as were stretch T-shirts and slip-on flats.
4. What's your greatest style tip for other moms?
Feeling good about yourself will make you a better mother. It's easy to think, "I'm a mom. I don't have time to worry about how I look." But make time for yourself–whatever that means to you.
5. Where do you love to shop in SF?
Crossroads, Goodbyes, Ambiance, Rabat, Kate's Closet, Nordstrom Rack and Marshalls.
6. How do you de-stress?
A workout helps. So does a gin and tonic.
7. What's your SF Top 5?
-Eating/drinking at Nopa, Foreign Cinema, Aperto and Absinthe.
-Seeing a show at the Fillmore, Cafe du Nord or the Rickshaw Stop.
-Paddle boating in Golden Gate Park.
-Touring the city by bus or cable car. (I know, I know, totally touristy, but it's a fun and cheesy way to see the city!)
-Strolling Rockridge in Oakland on a sunny day.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Street Style Report: Two Looks from ACRE/SF, in North Beach
- Street Style Report: Hazy Denim Shorts + Floral Dr. Martens, in North Beach
- Street Style Report: A Stunning Blue Dress and Fresh Rose, in North Beach
- Bold Black and White (with Killer Shoes) Style Spotted in North Beach
- Street Style Report: A Chic Weekend Brunch Look, at Nopa