Street Style Report: A SF Newbie in Full Color, on Market St.
We'd like to welcome the lovely Melissa Ding to San Francisco. A Princeton University smarty and lover of all things fashion, Melissa's in town for the summer, living it up in North Beach, and interning at Gap, Inc. She's only been here for a month, but is already taking full advantage of the good eats and creativity in SF - check out her hot spots below!
What she's wearing: Green and white patterned dress from H&M; Neon yellow zipper detail jacket from Zara; Black and white leather bag, gift from friend; BCBG strappy black heels; OPI "Catch Me in Your Net" toe nail polish.
Seven Style Questions for Melissa:
1. What summer trends are you most loving?
I love anything neon!
2. What's one your wish list?
This Balmain navy double-breasted blazer. It's a classic piece.
3. What are you always packing?
I usually keep an extra pair of heels (the pair I'm wearing in the photo are actually my walking shoes!) in my purse, along with my phone, wallet, compact mirror, keys, some oil-blotting sheets, Visine eyedrops, pens, and a notebook.
4. I like a guy in...
Clothing that fits correctly.
5. What products do you swear by?
I love OPI nail polishes, and my favorite makeup product right now is Stila Liquid Eyeliner. I only use Earth Sceince A.D.E. creamy cleanser for my skin.
6. What's one fashion rule you live by?
Wear proportions that flatter your body!
7. What's your SF Top 5?
Well, I'm pretty new to the area, so all of my top picks are going to be relatively confined to where I live - North Beach. I really like Gelateria Naia, Park Tavern, XOX Truffles, Fillmore & 5th (and anything down Fillmore, really), R&G Lounge. As you can see, most of my picks are food-related!
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and also works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.
- Street Style Report: Colorful Weekend Layers, in Union Square
- Street Style Report: Hard-Hitting Patterns and Color at New People
- Street Style Report: A Steven Alan Store Manager Reveals Her Personal Style on Fillmore St.
- Street Style Report: A Gorgeous Newlywed Couple in Relaxed Layers, on Fillmore St.
- Street Style Report: A Local Student in Fresh Fall Colors