This Week in Fashion: Custom Leather at The Factory, Chillin' Turns 13, The 2nd Annual Beauty Expo + Mega Memorial Day Sales
1. Custom Leather Jacket Event & Memorial Day Sale at The Factory (370 4th St), Saturday May 28, noon-4pm.
Choose your leather, add custom details and come out with a one-of-a-kind jacket you will keep forever. Prices range from $300-$700. Bonus: All Factory label designs, from basics to the Summer Silk Capsule collection, will be 30% off during the event.
2. Chillin' 13 Year Anniversary at Mezzanine (444 Jessie St), Saturday May 28, 8pm-2am, $10, 21+.
Chillin' has been killin' it with art-tastic shows in SF for 13 years -- that's huge! To celebrate, they are going all out with 200 artists, 80 fashion designers, 6 DJs, a video installation by Kent Bates, live painting and screenprinting, all under one roof. Be there.
3. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Man & Women of the Year at The Fairmont (950 Mason St), Saturday May 28, 5pm-midnight, $25.
Start the evening with happy hour in the Tonga Room, then move to the The Fairmont's Gold Room for a champagne reception and silent auction. The main event -- a fashion show soiree and Man & Woman of the Year -- starts at 7pm. Music, dancing and dessert hors d'oeuvres will follow late into the night.
4. The 2nd Annual Beauty Expo at Pigment Cosmetics (One Market St), Saturday May 28, 5:30pm, $10-$12.
The SF Fashion and Merchants Alliance's annual Beauty Expo will be divided into three parts this year: a fashion bloggers meet-and-greet, a model boot camp, and a fierce beauty battle. In the beauty challenge, 7 teams will compete for the most creative, high-volume make-up and hairstyles. Mascara will be pumping and hairspray will be a-blazin'. Proceeds will benefit the upcoming SF Fashion Week.
5. Treasure Island Flea Market at Avenue of the Palms (Treasure Island), Saturday May 28-Sunday May 29, 9am-4pm, $3.
High and low-brow scavengers alike will be on Treasure Island this weekend, for the grand opening of the Bay's newest outdoor flea market. You'll find indie designers selling new, handmade, one-of-a-kind pieces, and traditional vintage flea goods galore. It would be smart to bring cash and, if you're looking to haggle, go later in the day on Sunday for the best deals. Note: the food selection will be just as diverse as the retail.
PLUS: Mega Memorial Day Sales
- Bruce Ross & Company Salon: 20% off any service with Marina.
- Furla: 30% off select styles.
- Gamma Go: 25% off in stores and online with promo-code: MemorialSale.
- Infinite SF: Spring Cleaning Sale.
- Karen Millen: 50% off select styles.
- Jack's: Buy one get one 50% off shirts.
- Janie & Jack: Up to 50% off.
- Jeremy's: Take an additional 50% off all denim.
- Lavish: 15% off $30 or more.
- Shotwell: 70% off all housewares, furniture & plants.
- Superdry: 30% off full-priced merch.
- Your Happy Place: 25% off any service for new customers.
- Zinc Details: "Like" Zinc on Facebook and recieve 15% off.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.