This Week in Fashion: Local Designer Camelia Skikos Fall/Winter 2011 Collection + Sunday Fashion Show
Camelia Skikos' latest collection, "Out of the Blue" showcases her signature cut-out overlays and geometric lines, but this time with sharp doses of blue, cream and black.
The SF-based designer studied fashion design in Europe before making her way to the Bay in 2003, to be the head designer at Levi's. Skikos' is now focused on her own line (which is 100% made in California), but also teaches fashion at the Academy of Art University.
Her love and understanding of the human form shines through her precision in fit, edgy structure, and feminine curves. Each piece from the collection is interesting, evocative, and keeps you wanting more. For a rare chance to see her pieces in action, don't miss her show this Sunday at SF Fashion Week 2011.
Camelia Skikos designs are available locally at 440 Brannan and Wonderland SF. You can also get an insider peek at her super-cool design process through her blog, which photo-documents her mood boards, sketches, and fashion shows.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- This Week in Fashion: The Top 5 Events at SF Fashion Week 2011
- Link Love: H&M Fall/Winter Campaign and Fashion's Billionaires
- This Week in Fashion: The Tropics Grand Opening, Indie Mart Returns, Jonathan Rising Collection Preview, 'What I Wore' Book Debut + More
- This Week in Fashion: Meet Betsey Johnson, The Bold Italic Pop-Up, Cuts for the Cure + More
- This Week in Fashion: Weekend Sales at Cary.Lane and Jeremy's, The Collection + SF Fashion Awards Poolside Show