This Week in Fashion: Shotwell Says Goodbye, McIntoshFry at MAC, Retrofit Turns 1 + Styling the Modern Man
1. Last Tuesday, Holly and Michael Weaver, the style powerhouse behind Shotwell, announced some very happy and very sad news. The darling duo is expecting a baby boy (that's the good news!), and will be moving back to Pittsburgh. That means, Shotwell will not be reopening -- a great loss for SF. As bummed as we are to see them go, we wish the three of them (four including their pup, Friday) all the best.
2. McIntoshFry Launches 'Salon des Artistes' Delphinium Collection at Modern Appealing Clothing (MAC, 1003 Minnesota St.), Friday September 9, 5pm-7pm, Free.
Local ladies, Lauren McIntosh and Julia Fry (a dreamy painter and an evening wear designer, respectively), are celebrating the launch of their debut women's collection, this Saturday at M.A.C. Toast the designers with a glass of wine and get swept up in their artsy, romantic dressings.
3. Retrofit Republic 1 Year Anniversary + Lookbook Launch Party at The Summit (780 Valencia St.), Saturday September 10, 8pm-midnight, Free.
The vintage-wearing do-gooder crew at Retrofit Republic are turning 1 -- with a bang. Their anniversary celebrations include the launch of their Fall 2011 Lookbook: The Community Heroes Edition, huge giveaways from local favorites including The Brooklyn Circus SF, Four Barrel Coffee, The Summit, a best dressed contest, and much more.
4.The 3rd Annual Styling the Modern Man Gala at the Bently Reserve (301 Battery St.), Thursday September 15, 6pm-11pm, $20-$100.
Don't think we've forgotten you, fellas. Next Thursday, slip into your finest and enjoy a very gentlemanly guys' night out. Gents will teach ladies how to tie a tie, yours truly will style a few local CEO-types at the Levi’s Geek-IS-Chic Lounge, and finally, the evening will close with a men's fashion show at 9pm. GQ would be proud.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.
- This Week in Fashion: Chanel Lovers at Simply Chic, Public Bikes' 1 Year Party, Banana Republic and Trina Turk Fashion Show, Styling the Modern Man + More
- Boy Oh Boy: Gifts for Guys
- Need Stylish Last-Minute Gifts They’ll Love? Try These Spots
- Look of the Week: Greener Days Ahead
- Seven Favorite Things: The Brooklyn Circus SF