The Eat and Drink List: This Week's Top 7 Events
1. Stock your holiday pantry with a visit to Cheese Plus—they’ve got panettone, Stilton, mince pies and Nordic glögg aplenty, perfect for whatever wintry celebration you have planned. For more information, visit cheeseplus.com
2. On December 24 Incanto will be hosting the annual Feast of the Seven Fishes, a four-course all-seafood menu that is the traditional Italian meal served the night before Christmas. The price is $55, exclusive of tax, gratuity and beverage, call 415-641-4500 to book your spot. For more information, visit incanto.biz
3. Café Majestic, now under the tutelage of fresh-from-the-French-Laundry chef Louis Maldonado (formerly of Cortez) is serving a prix-fixe Christmas Eve dinner (on December 24, natch). Sample Jerusalem artichoke soup,Yorkshire pudding, olive oil cake with Valrhona chocolate and other delights of the season. The three-course menu is $45, exclusive of beverage, tax and gratuity. For more information, visit cafemajesticsf.com.
4. For some, Christmas means presents, a lazy day spent in your pajamas and then a big roast beef. For others? Chinese food. Dim sum lovers, rejoice: Ton Kiang will be opening at 10 a.m. on December 25—call 415-752-4440 to make a reservation.
5. We know times are tough, but today, the day after Christmas, consider giving one more gift—to the Kitchen Sisters. The duo produces the NPR show Hidden Kitchens, which tells the great stories behind the food. They (like all non-profits) could use your help. Visit kitchensisters.org/support to make your donation today. It’s a tax-deduction!
6. If your only experience with eggnog is that stuff in the carton (for the best, see our ranking here ( link to round-up) ), then it’s about time you sample the real deal. The cooking school at Cavallo Point is serving cups of nog on December 27 from 2:30 to 4:00 p.m. The perfect way to decompress after a busy week!
7. Get in the New Year’s spirit with a tasting of Australian sparkling wine at Cellar 360 in Ghirardelli Square on December 27. The bubble-fest runs from 2 to 3 p.m. and is free; for more information, visit cellar360.com