It's Friday, which means time for the Eater Wrap, the lovely weekly recap from Eater SF on all the happenings from the local restaurant scene.
1) For the first time, an Iron Chef is coming to the Bay Area, as Japanese cuisine master Masaharu Morimoto will be opening a signature restaurant in downtown Napa's new Riverfront development. From the arrival of a world-class, groundbreaking chef to the planned revitalization of downtown Napa, this is what you call a significant deal.
3) While House of Nanking readies its first spinoff, even more notable is a second location from popular Castro joint Kasa Indian Eatery. The sequel would be on Fillmore Street, right next to the shuttered PlumpJack Cafe, and if all the red tape gets handled, it will open later this year.
4) The architectural renderings haven't yet arrived for Wayfare Tavern, but based on some memorable Tyler Florence quotes, the Official Eater Visualization of the ex-Rubicon space was shared with the masses.
5) Also, whaaaaa.
6) Insert your jokes here: reports say the SF comedy industry is apparently thriving (??), so a new combination comedy club, restaurant and nightclub by the name of Holly's is coming to Van Ness.
7) Up in Kellerville, Bouchon has finally unveiled its anticipated patio, now open after 7pm. Kindly plan your weekends accordingly.