The Year Ahead
Jan 04, 2008
I don’t really make New Year’s resolutions, but I’m a huge fan of to-visit lists. (I keep a running tally of all the restaurants I want to eat at with me at all times.) Here’s a list of 7 openings that I’m keeping on my radar:
1. Star chefs take on the locavores: Former Fifth Floor chefs Charlie Kleinman and Jake Des Voignes take over Fish and Farm.
2. A jolt of java comes to Mint Plaza: Blue Bottle Cafe is projected to open this month (January).
3. It’s not going to be quiet on the waterfront thanks to Pat Kuleto’s latest endeavor: Waterbar and EPIC Roast House to open the end of this month (January).
4. Bigger, but could it be any better than the original?: Bar Crudo #2 opens soon in NOPA.
5. The greener the better, and hopefully in time for Earth Day ‘08: The third, and even more eco-conscious, Mixt Greens spot will open at Mission and First in April.
6. Going to a museum will never taste so good: Charles Phan (Slanted Door, Out the Door) and Loretta Keller (COCO 500) will open their joint-venture restaurant and café in the new Academy of Sciences this October.
7. It’ll be a packed house in Pac Heights: Out the Door at Bush and Fillmore opens in the fall.
Show Comments (
The Big Eat
From Our Partners
Locals We Love