The Whole Enchihuahua 2012: Join us in Dolores Park on June 2nd
When: Saturday, June 2, 2012
Where: Dolores Park—head for 19th and Dolores
What: A doggie meetup and dustup in the Mission District
It's no secret that San Franciscans are cray-cray in love with their pets, so it may seem a little unsettling that some of our cutest, smartest animal friends—the mighty chihuahua—are a breed most in need of rescue: hundreds of the little guys and gals are routinely found in shelters around the country, waiting for help, healing and hugs.
Join 7x7 and the SF SPCA at our second annual awareness event, again held in Dolores Park, where several of the Bay Area's most beloved rescue and adoption agencies will be onsite to help you find your new best friend.
Our super-popular costume contest returns, where many successfully adopted dogs will be in attendance for a vibrant parade of creativity while competing against their frenemies for awesome prizes. And this year, the first 100 people who register their dog(s) for the contest, will receive a voucher for a signature dish from one of our Off the Grid vendors!
Check out pictures from the inaugural event, The Whole Enchihuahua 2011— with our winner Chiquita dressed as famed artist Frida Kahlo—right here!
Also on offer will be a bevy of food trucks courtesy of the city's pioneering Off the Grid collective; Ask a Vet / Ask a Trainer Stations; Onsite Pet Adoptions; Smooch-a-Pooch Kissing Booth; Cookie Decorating (and Eating!); Chihuahua Meetup; Proper Collar & Harness Fitting; stations presenting information, news, advice, and pampering—and all-around good times.
ALERT: Chipotle is providing a free burrito gift card for anyone who adopts a dog at the event!
So spread the word, and get those tiny costumes sewn, pressed and ready—it's time to waise the woof, San Francisco!
The Whole Enchihuahua 2012 will be held from noon–4pm.
Dog registration for the costume contest will take place between noon–1pm.
Costume Contest will be held between 1pm–2:30pm.
PRIZE PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- Two 2-night stays in a Deluxe Suite for up to 2 dogs from Wag Hotels
- One night stay at the luxurious Hotel Vitale—"Where dogs are welcome!"
- Pet Portrait Session from Nuena Photography
- Mijo & Bambi Pet Clothing Collections: 4 tees, 2 jackets, 2 jumpsuites, 4 sweatshirts, 2 raglan sweatshirts, 3 costumes
- YAP Custom Wardrobe Styling
- Fun pet-centric prize packs from Chronicle Books
- ...plus entry for two—and the winning dog!—to 7x7's Best of San Francisco 2012 Party in early June!
- ... AND MORE SURPRISES!
COSTUME CONTEST INFORMATION
All sizes and breeds welcome to enter. The winning dogs with the cutest and most original costumes will receive amazing prize packages.
COSTUME CONTEST RULES
1. Animal contestants may not be aggressive towards other animals or people. Animals showing any aggression will be asked to leave the runway area immediately.
2. All animal contestants must be in good health with current vaccinations.
3. Animals must be at least 4 months of age to participate in the Contest and must have received all of their vaccinations, including their first rabies vaccination.
4. The SF SPCA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to prohibit any human or animal from participating in the Contest.
5. Human competitors must be 18 years of age or older. Children over the age of 6 years may walk an animal on the stage, with a parent’s or legal guardian’s written permission.
6. Prizes may be awarded to persons 18 years of age or older, if required by law.
7. Employees or families of employees of The SF SPCA or any THE WHOLE ENCHIHUAHUA event sponsors may participate in the Contest, but are not eligible to win prizes.
8. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, and further conditions and restrictions may apply to particular prizes. Void where prohibited by law. There is no cost to participate in the Contest, and no purchase is necessary.
9. The SF SPCA and THE WHOLE ENCHIHUAHUA event sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable, may not be exchanged for other prizes, and are not assignable without the express, written permission of the prize sponsor. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
10. The Contest panel of judges will have sole decision-making authority in picking the winning costumes. All decisions will be final. Judges will make their choice based on what they believe to be the finest combination of the following qualities: personality, flair, composure, swagger, originality and showmanship.