courtesy of Junior Boys
Here’s 7 not-to-miss A+E happenings this week.
1. Ian Philips at Dog Eared Books on Tuesday, March 4
Ian Philips—quirky author and Editor-in-Chief of Suspect Thoughts Press—reads from his latest offering The Rapture for Big Sinners: 66 + 6 Things to Do Before and After the Righteous Lift Off.
2. Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater at Zellerbach Hall
Although this Legendary dancer and choreographer died almost twenty years ago his legacy lives on through his remarkable dance troupe who will perform new and classic routines at their Bay Area residency on Wednesday, March 5 and Saturday, March 8 – Sunday, March 9.
3. New York Dolls on Wednesday, March 5 at the Fillmore
Catch these old school glam-punks when they bring their CBGB-approved live show to SF.
4. Junior Boys (DJ set) at Mezzanine on Wednesday, March 5
Canadian electronic pop duo Junior Boys will provide a much-needed hump day pick-me-up at their mid-week DJ set.
5. June in a Box at Intersection for the Arts on Thursday, March 6
Theater ensemble Campo Santo’s newest production June in a Box tells the tale of an abducted child in the 1930s and includes music composed by Beth Custer.
6. A Tribute to Peter Bogdanovich at the Castro Theatre
Join director, writer, actor and walking cinema encyclopedia, Peter Bogdanovich for his three-day film retrospective, where he will be on hand to discuss his work from The Last Picture Show, Paper Moon and Mask.
7. Crystal Castles at the Independent on Saturday, March 8
Toronto-based remixers Crystal Castles will start the weekend off right with their wicked beats and warped synth-pop at their SF appearance.
Top 7 A+E Picks