courtesy of Company C Contemporary Ballet
Here’s 7 not-to-miss A+E happenings this week.
1. Dan Savage and Amy Richards at City Arts & Lectures
These two controversial columnists will discuss their new books that both focus on an unconventional look at family and childrearing at the Herbst Theatre on Tuesday, April 8.
2. San Francisco Women’s Film Fest
On Wednesday, April 9 this weeklong female-focused film fest—which includes everything from parties, lectures and animation—kicks things off with a documentary and activism shorts program. Check out the website for details.
3. Dirty Projectors at the Independent on Friday, April 11
Catch this Brooklyn-based outfit when they perform their latest effort Rise Above, an artful re-imagining of music by Black Flag.
4. Second Annual Epidemic Film Fest at the Castro Theatre
Come witness up-and-coming filmmakers from the Academy of Art’s film program at this cinematic fest on Friday, April 11 which features narrative shorts, documentaries and music videos.
5. Cultural Encounters: Friday Nights at the de Young
This Friday, April 11 start off the weekend at the de Young Museum with at their exciting Friday night series. This week features live jazz performed by the Dee Spenser Septet, a spoken word performance SF Poet Laureate Devorah Major and a cookbook signing with Simply Organic author and restauranteur Jesse Cool.
6. Grand National Rodeo at the Cow Palace
Shine up your cowboy boots and throw on your favorite pair of blue jeans this weekend for the 63rd Annual Grand National Rodeo 2008, Horse and Stock Show before it ends on Sunday, April 13.
7. Company C Contemporary Ballet at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
Don’t miss this modern ballet troupe when they premier Twyla Tharp’s duo-piece Armenia on Saturday, April 12.
Top 7 A+E Picks
Show Comments (