Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait; courtesy of Anna Lena Films
Here are 7 not-to-miss A+E happenings this week.
1. Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
Come watch this artsy documentary about a day in the life of French soccer star, Zinédine Zidane, which utilizes 17 synchronized cameras and features a soundtrack by Scottish group Mogwai. (Ends Thursday, Feburary 7.)
2. Pick up SF-based songwriter Kelley Stoltz’s new album Circular Sounds out on Tuesday, February 5 on Sub Pop records.
3. SF Indie Fest begins on Thursday, February 7
Check out the best in indie cinema at theaters throughout SF. Check the website for details and show times.
4. Robyn at Popscene on Thursday, February 7
Robyn, the Swedish electro-pop artist responsible for the zany YouTube video fave “Konnichiwa Bitches,” brings her quirky beats to Popscene tonight.
5. Taxi to the Darkside at the Lumiere Theatre on Friday, February 8
This gripping Oscar-nominated documentary examines torture practices and policy in the United States.
6. SF Bike Coalition’s Love on Wheels at the Rickshaw Stop on Friday, February 8
Head down to the Rickshaw Stop for a Love Connection-style dating game specifically for Bay Area bike riders and two-wheel enthusiasts.
7. “Blackout” Opening Night Reception at Root Division on Saturday, February 9
This group exhibit explores the idea of darkness through multiple mediums and performance.
Top 7 A+E Picks