courtesy of Rupa & the April Fishes
Here’s 7 not-to-miss A+E happenings this week.
1. Tobias Wolff at 826 Valencia on Tuesday, April 1
Spend a high-minded April Fool’s Day with acclaimed novelist Tobias Wolff and 826 Valencia co-founder Vendela Vida as they discuss coming-of-age novels from both the male and female perspectives.
2. Digitalism at Mezzanine on Wednesday, April 2
German electro-house duo bring their dark dance sound to uber-cool club night Robot Rock at Mezzanine.
3. Alex Kanevsky Exhibition at Dolby Chadwick Gallery
Artist Alex Kanevsky’s haunting yet deeply human images will be on display at the Union Square Dolby Chadwick Gallery starting Thursday, April 3. Check out the opening reception at 5:30 p.m., which features a discussion with the artist.
4. Shotgun Stories at the Kabuki Theater on Friday, April 4
Multiple film festival award winner Shot Gun Stories is a gritty Southern family drama written and directed by Jeff Nichols.
5. The Grand at the Embarcadero Center Cinema
This wacky improvised mockumentary about a poker tournament features cameos by comedian Ray Ramano, Woody Harrelson, David Cross and acclaimed German director Werner Herzog. Starts Friday, April 4.
6. 24th and Mission Art Walk from 6-9 p.m. on Saturday, April 5
Spend your early Saturday evening checking out up-and-coming local artists at this eclectic art walk that features ten participating galleries. Printable maps of the art walk are available on their website.
7. Rupa & the April Fishes Album Release Party on Saturday, April 5
SF-based Old World-rock outfit Rupa & the April Fishes celebrate the worldwide release of their latest effort eXtraOrdinary Renditon with a party at the Great American Music Hall.
Top 7 A+E Picks