Top A+E Picks
Feb 11, 2008
courtesy of YBCA
Check out our 7 not-to-miss A+E happenings this week.
1. “Freedom of Art” featuring art by Lawrence Ferlinghetti at YBCA on Tuesday, February 12
Come check out prominent Beat poet and City Lights founder Lawrence Ferlinghetti’s paintings that evoke scenes of freedom and act as visual statements against censorship.
2. Mika at the Warfield on Tuesday, February 12
UK-based power pop star Mika brings his infectious sound to SF.
3. “Tall In the Saddle: Cowgirls, Ranch Women & Rodeo Gals” at City Hall
As part of the ongoing Art at City Hall program, this solo show features photography by acclaimed artist Ann P. Meredith. Come to the opening reception on Wednesday, February 13 from 5: 30 – 7: 30 p.m.
4. “In the Fullness of Time: Celebrating Twenty Years” at the Luggage Store Gallery
Make sure to stop by this multi-dimensional exhibit before it ends on Saturday, February 16.
5. Opening Night of SF Ballet's Giselle on Saturday, February 16
Watch this classic romantic ballet for a post-Valentine’s Day celebration.
6. Afrika Bambaataa at Mighty on Saturday, February 16
This legendary forefather of break-beat DJing and Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame nominee will break it down old school style tonight.
7. Blood Knot at ACT
Catch Athol Fugard’s gripping play about race and poverty in South Africa, which features music by Tracy Chapman.
Show Comments (
The Big Eat
From Our Partners
Locals We Love