Fight or Be Recycled at This Year's Boxwars Battle
Two years ago, a strange phenomenon called Boxwars invaded Dolores Park like a small Roman Army high on LSD. A group of cardboard-clad warriors with all manner of taped-together cardboard weapons swung and stabbed at eachother until one champion was left standing.
After a two-year hiatus, Boxwars 2010 returns on August 7 for anyone to join in this bloodless battle for victory. Boxwars is an annual event in countries like Canada, Scotland and Australia, where they get so intense about it, they call it "the embodiment of both art and destruction". The SF location is undetermined as of now, but keep checking their Facebook for updates. All armor and weapons must be built out of cardboard and tape or you won't be allowed to take part in the cardboard carnage!
- Boxwars 2010 in Dolores Park: It Was a Savage Battle to the End
- Transported: What's the Deal with Parking on the Dolores Park Medians?
- Free Movie Nights in Duboce & Dolores Parks This Saturday
- Photos: Box Wars at Dolores Park
- Parking Quiz Answer: Who Gets The Most Parking Tickets in San Francisco Per Year?