Free Movie Nights in Duboce & Dolores Parks This Saturday
Everyone loves free stuff, right? You've got two chances for free movie nights this sure-to-be-beautiful Saturday.
Brave the crowds who will undoubtedly show up, White Russians and joints in hand, for a showing of The Big Lebowski in Dolores Park at 8 pm. Dress up like The Dude or Jesus Quintana, just do whatever you have to do to pledge your allegiance to this movie, because you'll have a lot of competition.
If warm and fuzzy films are more your speed, head down to Duboce Park in the heart of the city for a free screening of The Pursuit of Happyness, that Will Smith flick about hard times in the Bay Area filmed in, well, the Bay Area.
A first for the park, the film, a logical choice considering a few years ago filmmakers erected a fake BART station on one side of the park for the movie, will be projected on a 26-foot high screen on the upper lawn. It runs from 7-9:30 pm, a perfect way to kickstart a warm weekend night.
- Transported: What's the Deal with Parking on the Dolores Park Medians?
- Boxwars 2010 in Dolores Park: It Was a Savage Battle to the End
- Free Movie Night @ the Independent: Hot Tub Time Machine
- Mission Creek Music Festival Is Putting On a Free Concert Tomorrow in McLaren Park
- White Caps & Night Caps Annual Event To Benefit St. Francis Memorial Hospital