Here's to a Fine Crop of Movember 'Staches
It's mid-November, which means that by now, a cohort of males across the globe have some pretty fine 'staches going for Movember, a month-long pledge to forgo the razor in an effort to raise money (and awareness) for men's cancers. In 2009, global Movember participants raised about $42 million.
Once you've perfected your look (check out the Fu Manchu, Dalí, Handlebar and, Pencil), keep it clipped and clean (no food bits!) for San Francisco Gala Parté, held this year at Ruby Skye on Thursday, December 2nd. It benefits LIVESTRONG and the Prostate Cancer Foundation, but it's also a chance to dress all dapper, bring a date, showcase your facial decor and compete for titles such as Best Mo in Character, Miss Movember, and Man of November 2010. Tickets sell out every year, so snag one here. If it's too late for you to grow an impressive 'stache, simply donate to Movember and help out your fellow men.
- Movember: Let the ‘Stache Growing Begin!
- Ways to Give Back: SF Chefs 2010, Cleaning Up Lake Merritt & More
- Ways to Give Back This Week: Plant Trees in SoMA, Spruce up the Conservatory of Flowers, Pack Art Boxes for Kids
- Ways to Give Back This Week: Helping San Bruno Explosion Relief Efforts
- The SF Fine Arts Fair's Workshop Gives Advice for New Collectors