Tap Water Refilling Stations, Brought To Us By The SFPUC and Global Tap
In an effort to promote tap water and demote the store bought, bottled variety, the SFPUC (in partnership with Global Tap) has been re-skinning what might normally be called "water fountains" into "tap water refilling stations."
The difference is not in the water (it's from SF's usual water source, Sierra snowmelt via the Hetch Hetchy), but in the way the dispenser looks and works. Its fountain is positioned to allow for an easy refill of your Nalgenes and Klean Kanteen while on the move.
There are currently fountains installed at Yerba Buena Gardens, Terminal 3 at SFO, Marina Green and UCSF campuses. New stations are coming soon on Chain of Lakes Drive in GG Park, Cal Academy of Sciences and Crocker Amazon Park.
Check out a map of the refilling stations here and get your tap on.
- Distance Swimmers to Brave Shark Infested Waters ... for Charity!
- East Panhandle Water Fountain: The Cleanest in the City?
- This Week's Hottest Events: Kara Walker, Station to Station, and Exploratorium's Fog Fest
- Refill Your Empties with Organic Beauty Products at Green 11
- How Refillable Wine Bottles From Sonoma Can Change the Game