Get Your Sweet Tooth On at the California Candy Festival This Weekend
Name a food and California probably excels in it. Heck, California might have well invented the dish, or at least a popular variation on it. Hamburgers have a big place in our state's culinary past, and a lot of famous cocktails, too. And, yep, the Cobb salad. But there are a number of sweet stories, too, like LA-born See's Candies and Jelly Belly, which has strong Oakland ties and now is headquartered in Fairfield. The Jelly Belly Visitor's Center is also the site for the annual California Candy Festival, a gathering that not only spotlights a certain wee bean but all sorts of other confections, too. It's celebrating its second year this year, and is set to roll in sugar and be dipped in honey on Saturday, Sept. 22 and Sunday, Sept. 23.
Click here for more details on the awesome California Candy Festival!
- Need a Labor Day Weekend Plan? Check Out the Sausalito Arts Festival
- Design Events in the Bay Area: Sculptures Made Out of Candy Wrappers, Historic Quilts, and More
- Get Your Thrills at These Bay Area Amusement Parks
- Get Out of Town: All California National Parks Free This Weekend
- Antiques Addicts, Get Your Fix at @ This Weekend's 20th Century Modernism Show & Sale