Crab, Wine, and Mendocino Are A Match Made in Heaven
Everything is better with bread crumbs. Make that buttery bread crumbs. Okay, maybe not a chocolate truffle. Well, wait. That's probably pretty good, covered in buttery bread crumbs. Ditto on everything else edible that's ever been invented. But the crab cake? King. Boss. In every way, this moist little disc of briny goodness owns the whole bread crumb dynasty, top to bottom (or sizzly pan to aioli-dabbed plate, rather).
Making any festival that has, as a highlight, a crab cake cook-off of immediate interest to us and everyone else interested in the buttery bread crumb-based arts. Oh, and what? Mendocino is throwing its annual Crab & Wine Days, and the Crab Cake Cook-Off just happens to be on Saturday, Jan. 21? And the wines served alongside the crispy discs are local? Don't make us crowd you out on the way up there, please. We can all enjoy this together.
More Travel Postings
- Weekend Getaway: Mendocino Crab and Wine Days
- Match Made in Heaven: Dynamo Donut and Coffee
- Young Jeezy & Freddie Gibbs @ Mezzanine Tomorrow Night: A Match Made In Rap Heaven
- Bay Area Holiday Hotel Deals
- Superstar Chefs, Cult Wine, and Great Views Unite at Make A Wish Greater Bay Area's Wine and Wishes