Are you and your crew looking for a sunshine-centric drinking venue this summer? Welcome aboard the seasonal trend of boozing and cruising around the Bay.
Screw hitting the water with a bunch of strangers who look more interested in getting their shuffleboard on than dancing to your iPod shuffle. We’re talking just you and 20-50 of your buds in festive nautical attire, bronzing on the bow of your rented yacht. Sound like a good time? We thought so. Here's where to book your next booze cruise in San Francisco.
Ruby Sailing takes you all along the city's edge so you can wave to all those land-bound folks on your way to the iconic Golden Gate Bridge. Bragging rights included with yacht rental.
– One ship for three hours = $300/hour
– Beer & Wine = $4/glass or BYOB with $10/bottle corkage fee
– Lunch option = $12/friend
– Maximum of 28 friends
Captain Kirk snags your group at either Pier 39 or 40 before embarking on your much anticipated day on the Bay. Added bonuses include no corkage fee if you BYOB and no cleanup fee.
– One ship for three hours = $400/hour
– Lunch, beer, & wine = $20/friend
– Maximum of 25 friends
Just Dreaming will take you anywhere you could possibly desire in the Bay. Think the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Treasure Island, Berkeley, Brisbane, Sacramento, and just about anywhere else you can boat to-and-fro within a few hours.
– One ship for three hours = $600/hour
– Open bar = $36/friend
– Maximum of 42 friends
Adventure Cat picks your group up at Pier 39, and loops around Alcatraz, allowing for an up-close view of Angel Island, and then sweeps underneath the glorious Golden Gate Bridge before heading back to port.
– One ship for three hours = $625/hour
– Open bar = $30/friend
– Maximum of 48 friends
Wylie Charters allows you to stay close to shore and enjoy a Giants game from McCovey Cove or venture out to the open sea as you celebrate the sunshine with your pals.
– One ship for three hours with hosted bar = $650/hour
– BYOB = Free, no corking fee
– Maximum of 35 friends
Commodore cruises from bridge to bridge while you and your shipmates enjoy two decks, including a seated bar and spacious dance floor.
– One ship for two and a half hours, with hosted bar and hors d'ouveres = $87.50/friend
– BYOW (Bring Your Own Wine) = $15/750mL bottle corkage fee
– Minimum of 40 friends
Hornblower boasts one of the most beautiful vessles on the bay with hardwood and brass accents, dancefloor, and two decks. Too pricey for your crew? Inquire about just renting out one deck on a larger yacht.
– One ship for two hours with open bar and hors d'ouveres = $153/friend
– Minimum of 35 friends
Be sure to ask about docking fees and gratuity when arranging your trip. See you on the sea!