With Thanksgiving behind us, it's officially time to start gearing up for the next round of holidays. Sure there are trees, lights and ice rinks aplenty, but nothing seems to get us in the spirit of the season quite like the cleverly decorated store windows popping up around town. And while it's impossible to choose a favorite (besides, of course, the adorable puppies and kittens up for adoption in the Macy's windows--just look for the crowd of ooh-and-awwers gathered around), we wanted to showcase the windows that made us do a double take:
1. Shreve & Co: The Union Square jeweler is celebrating "A Holiday Night at the Opera" by featuring well-known opera scenes in each of their windows, complete with hand crafted marionettes (and jewels of course).
2. Levi's: Leave it to the denim giant to dress their windows with recession-friendly cheer in the form of cardboard wreaths and trees, not to mention loads of color.
3. Marc by Marc Jacobs: Fashion's golden boy makes a eco stand in true MJ style with a polar bear-centric window to promote his charitable t-shirt that would make a perfect gift for your brother or boyfriend alike.
4. Barneys New York: It's all in the details with Barneys whimsically "Witty" windows, making us long to hire Simon Doonan to decorate our apartments.
5. Tiffany & Co.: We're dreaming of a white winter and a blue Tiffany's box after seeing these intricate and ever-so-delicate paper vignettes.
6. Louis Vuitton: This dazzling display is proof that LV needs to get into the Christmas ornament business, stat.
7. Ted Baker: And last but not least, the animatronic award goes to weight-lifting Santa and his elfen crew for inspiring us to hit the gym before hitting the eggnog.