Your Easter Feast, Planned
Every week, Lulu Meyer brings us the best of the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Get shopping!
Spring holidays are just around the corner with next Tuesday being the first day of Passover and Easter falling on the following Sunday. Though I don’t subscribe to any particular religion I am happy to celebrate any holiday that revolves around food traditions and breaking bread with family and friends. Here are some ideas of things you’ll find at the market to make your holiday memorable:
• Pastured Eggs Some so pretty you won’t need to break out the egg dye
• Fresh Horseradish root from Knoll Farms— for the Seder plate
• Organic Schmaltz from Mountain Ranch Organically Grown- a must for Matzo Ball making
• Brisket or Lamb Shanks from Marin Sun Farms – both great as a main item for either your Seder or Easter Supper
• Walnuts from G.L. Alfieri Farms- essential for making Charoset a Passover staple
• Parsley from Dirty Girl Produce- to represent Spring on the Seder plate
• Strawberries from Yerena Farms- the perfect topping for a flourless chocolate cake
• Candied citrus peels from June Taylor- a nice alternative to traditional sweets for Easter baskets
• Hot Cross Buns from Noe Valley Bakery- for enjoying Easter morning post bunny visit
With spring in full swing and lots to choose from and be inspired by the farmers market is the perfect place to get a jump start on everything you need to have a locavore-centric Passover Seder or Easter Sunday brunch.