Fall has hit and winter is just around the corner, which means layering is more important than ever. But bundling up doesn't have to equal zero style. Here are our top cold weather picks that won't leave you looking like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
1. The Scarf: Anthropologie Cashmere Squiggle Scarf, $98: We all know that scarves are the quintessential SF accessory and who doesn't want to curl up in cashmere to brave the blustery winter winds?
2. Women's Hat: Deena & Ozzy Faux Fur Hood, $48: Jump on this season's fur trend with this animal-friendly head wrap that won't go flying away in the face of a big gust.
3. Men's Hat: Nice Collective Wool Donegal Hat, $220:
Get your guy to drop the beanie for a more stylish topper with leather buckle and brim.
4. Women's Gloves: Maison Martin Margiela Knit Arm Warmers, $170: Keep your hands free and your arms warm with this edgy pair from our favorite Belgian designer.
5. Men's Gloves: Barneys Driving Gloves, $165: Channel a sophisticated old-world style a la The Aviator and take off in these stylish driving gloves. 6. Wrap: Marc by Marc Jacobs Sondra Sweater Cape, $228: Wrap yourself in warmth. Retire that sporty puffy vest and try this chic alternative instead. 7. Umbrella: Urban Outfitters Printed Umbrella, $38: Just in time for SF's wet winter—get surreal with this René Magritte-inspired umbrella as the rain comes pouring down.