Let's face it: our city doesn't really have a true Summer. Instead, we endure a predominantly foggy June to August and look forward to a warm Fall. Dressing for an Indian Summer can be tricky — don't you hate it when a cold front sneaks up on you when you least expect it? — so we asked SF style experts, Jenny Chung from Acrimony and Cathy Chow from Azalea, to let us in on their early Fall essentials. Their top picks, and why they chose them, below.
Jenny Chung's picks:
1. LD Tuttle Push Boots: "The outside can be worn tucked down or pulled up over the calf," says Chung. "A definite jaw dropper, and a perfect addition to any wardrobe."
2. Kai-aakmann Red Leopard Sweatshirt: "A cozy sweater with an intense print," says Chung. "Don't forget the pockets!" And even better, the long(er) hemline can double as a dress during warm Fall days.
3. Flutter by Jill Golden Baylor Bracelet: "Dress up your wrist with an amazing ID bracelet jazzed up with crystals and beaded chains," says Chung.
Cathy Chow's picks:
1. Mike Gonzalez Cognac Harrison Leather: The perfect layering piece. We love the buttery soft leather, and like Cathy says, "SF loves hoodie jackets!".
2. MM6 by Maison Martin Margiela Rust Belt and Cuffs Combo: This belt and cuff combo are a classic stand out and a two for one buy. Wear the belt now over a dress and style it over a tunic sweater once the temperature drops.
3. Kasil Workshop Cropped Boyfriend Jeans: Every girl needs a pair of boyfriend jeans and this particular pair has a great mid-weight feel. "These pants are multifunctional because they look good with booties, heels, and flats," says Cathy.