It may be a new year, but one thing hasn’t changed: sales continue to pop up everywhere we look. Here are seven places to shop and save during the first weekend in 2009:
- Barneys: The ongoing Designer Sale continues this weekend at the San Francisco store and online, with savings of up to 75 percent on such coveted brands as Lanvin, Moncler and Diane von Furstenberg.
- Macy’s: The Union Square mainstay’s New Year, New You sale and semi-annual White Sale are both on this weekend. That means 20 to 65 percent off apparel, housewares, shoes, bedding and accessories.
- Kweejibo: This Bay Area menswear designer is shuttering operations after 16 years in business. Best known for its box-cut men’s button downs, the longtime Upper Haight retailer is saying goodbye for good with an impressive 50 percent off everything in the store, plus an additional 75 percent off already-reduced sale items.
- Ladita: The first annual winter sale is on at this eco-chic Bernal Heights shop. Pop-in for up to 70 percent off women’s apparel and accessories, as well as 50 percent off children’s clothing, while supplies last.
- Chrissy Bee: After two-and-a-half years in business, this Upper Haight boutique is closing its doors. Everything in the store, which stocks a range of local and premium designer brands (Orange Button, Saint Grace, Twinkle...), is 50 to 75 percent off.
- Ambiance: Throughout the month of January, all sale items at this Bay Area retailer’s three locations are marked down an additional 20 percent.
- Dylan: Even if you don’t feel like leaving the house, you can still save on designer finds from this Marina boutique. Everything on the web site is currently 30 percent off in honor of the shop’s anniversary.